Store Promotions When did you think of this? Too many occasions in a year for you to have gratitude plans for your customers. Building a Shopify store takes a lot of your time and effort, you try to bring the right product, optimize speed, data, SEO and related things to achieve the perfect experience. for customers. So at this time when Halloween, Back Friday, Boxing Day, Christmas, New Year .. Are almost around, you already have yourself a creative and attractive sales promotion program that can make a difference. especially to stimulate shopping, increase revenue, and create brand awareness.
If you are in need of an idea to learn from, or a successful case study, we provide businesses that have well applied promotional marketing strategies to drive sales. Whatever the reason, we recognize that promotions are a great way to increase sales performance, attract potential customers, delight existing customers and encourage purchases.
Understand the concept of promotion is what?
“Promotion is a marketing technique designed to add value to a product or service in order to achieve sales or other marketing goals.” The key factor here is “adding value,” which means offering extra benefits like prizes, discounts or free shipping to reduce the total cost of an order.
There are so many definitions of “Promotion” we tried to keep it simple as above.In general Promotions are one of the oldest marketing techniques in commerce, and for good reason: they work. The thing that all types of promotions have in common is that they use human psychology to drive action in the short term. The long-term benefit of selling is that merchants can continue to market to the leads captured during advertising, nurturing those customer relationships to build loyalty and increase brand awareness.
The Benefits That Promotion Brings
– The first and most obvious point is that you sell more goods, accompanied by increased sales. Even with discounts, a successful promotion will help you increase your overall sales quickly, hitting your target for a given product line.
– The next benefit will be when using promotions you will increase brand awareness. Your products and services are noticed and learned by customers. By using clever communication strategies and supporting channels to implement, you will have a lot of potential customers knowing your brand.
– You will have an amount of Data such as Email, basic information of customers to serve campaigns in the future. There needs to be a specific strategy for email marketing campaigns to nurture and educate customers who have purchased.
– You will receive customer loyalty when using promotions for consumers and loyal customers. Plan to reward your biggest fans with great deals, ensure that their love of the brand spreads outwards through aggressive word-of-mouth marketing, creating a close-knit customer base. The brand spreads around.
Limitations When Using Promotions
– Reduced perception of your product’s value. Offering promotional prices can certainly have a double effect on making customers think about your product at a lower price than other brands, creating a bad perception in the long run.
– Low price expectations. Launching promotions too often will keep shoppers from ever getting your product at the original full price for a newly launched product or collection, in the perception that customers are always following. Watch and wait for the promotion that, if a large number of customers have this mindset you have failed and ask yourself if the short-term gain is worth the potential loss in the long-term value of the customer. goods (LTV).
– Lower profit margin. Obviously, falling prices mean lower profit margins. If sales are used strategically, you may end up shrinking your average profit margin. Not to mention you carefully calculate the costs incurred and plan, if not, your campaign is initially profitable, but after summarizing, it will be a negative number.
– The promotional period is a period of frantic sales, but that will pass and your sales will drop back to normal. Again, you must have a product demand strategy that needs to be strong enough to last long after the promotion ends. Use promotions to help you grow your business, not only to increase in the short term.
8 Tips for Implementing Sales Promotions
Sales take many forms, and brands can take advantage of different forms of promotion simultaneously. The purpose of advertising is not only to increase sales but also to increase brand awareness and interaction. Here are some popular sales promotion ideas in e-commerce.
1.Sales Promotion On All Sites
The most common type of advertising used by most sellers is full-page selling. For sellers, these are simple to operate and it allows any customer to take advantage of the discount, increasing their chances of making a purchase. They are often advertised on the homepage or on banners throughout the site. Shoppers will experience a promotional journey from top to bottom of the page.
2.Promotion “Free gift with purchase”
The “free gift on purchase” promotion is simple: the customer spends the required amount and receives a gift as a thank you. This great one-off offer is a good way to convince customers to spend a little more.
Buyers feel that they are making a profit when they are given an accompanying gift, while sellers will sell better by spending a little more on the gift. This is the way many stores use it because of the simplicity and ease of implementation that comes with an immediate effect.
3.Buy 1 Get 1 Free (BOGO)
Using the word ‘free’ in your ad is a surefire way to get people’s attention. With the offer of BOGO(Also known as BOGOF), people love math — two products for the price of one. What a deal! And, for sellers, that means they can quickly sell a particular product. A variation is ‘Buy two, get one free’, which is still a great offer for customers.
You may think you are losing sales relative to the value of an item. However, depending on your profit margin on each item, due to increased quantities, this can actually be more profitable than selling single items.
4.Free Shipping Orders
For e-commerce and mail-order brands that typically charge a fee, free shipping can be an attractive offer. You can offer it on every new order, to attract new customers, or you can offer it on every order above a certain value. There will be some calculations to make when deciding what is financially feasible.
Hint: You should include this free shipping as a condition, shoppers don’t like to pay for shipping, even if the cost is minimal. Offering free shipping for a limited time minimum order value can lead shoppers to buy more than they want. This can also be an always-on offer, helping your brand increase average order value by unlocking free shipping on orders that exceed your minimum order size. Also combine Limited Time Promotion with other products.
A flash sale is a limited-time, deep discount on a specific range of products. Often they won’t be revealed until the last minute, giving shoppers a sense of urgency and prompting them to rush to buy items before they sell out.
It’s a perfect sales promotion idea for retailers selling hundreds of items as it can help sell faster. This form is often used by merchants to speed up the inventory process of 1 or more items, customers will benefit greatly when they quickly buy products.
6.Promotions and Discounts for First Time Customers
One study found that a discount promotion resulted in a 41% increase in shoppers making an online purchase. Many of them are first-time customers, which shows that promotional discounts can help you build a customer base.
Consider calculating the cost for the seller, implementing other sales programs to increase the buyer is in the happy phase.
7.Promotion on Big Holidays of the Year
Taking a smart approach to promotions means you have different promotions ready to use when needed. The holidays are a big selling point, so your brand should be ready.
Independence Day, the major national holiday, Black Friday, Christmas New Year.., is a great opportunity to let your customers get discounts. Making a sale for this holiday, like any other, requires a concise message and interesting visuals. Customers also look forward to these occasions for the opportunity to spend and reward themselves with a gift or buy the ones they love to show off.
8.Coupons, Vouchers, Discount Codes
Coupons are physical or digital vouchers that offer discounts on products or services. They can be provided by the retailer itself, creating is very easy on Shopify. Anyone who has used a coupon code site knows that many brands use this promotional strategy.
Coupon codes are great for sellers because they can generate codes for any kind of sale they want to make, giving shoppers a unique way to get an offer.
Brands can email coupon codes to specific customer segments, promote them widely on social media and advertising, or display them on the website.
They can be used for seasonal sales, first time customers, BOGOs, specific products, quick sales, birthday gifts and more.
Not all sales are created equal, and each brand will find success in different promotional strategies. No matter what form of sales promotion you use, make sure to never overdo it and always use them to help grow your business in the long run. While they certainly have short-term benefits, you should always focus on growing your brand on a daily basis and maintaining them.
Beae advises that promotions can be a powerful short-term tactical weapon for online businesses. Applying the right promotions to achieve your marketing goals is an important consideration to make them generate conversions.
We hope these examples of successful promotions will give you a better idea of how to use them effectively for your own business. You can refer to the article on optimizing the sales page theme to gain more experience and from there come up with new ideas. No one says today’s market is easy – but that doesn’t mean your marketing can’t. Pick up a few ideas to complement the year-end sale with lots of big holidays and put them to work for you. Good luck!